Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The parting shot

Sukma is over. Funny twist to the tale as Terengganu surprised and took the overall title with 61 gold medals.
Wow! 14 golds of theirs came from canoeing, which was not contested in the Games previously. Prior to the Games I was hoping that sports fishing would make it into Sukma, at least as a demonstration sport, but it didn't happen. If Terengganu can't do it, then its never gonna happen.

Anyway, as I left Terengganu and the sweet memories behind, I couldn't help but notice signboards.. There's always something about signboards.... I always notice them.

Like this one, that leads you to KAMPUNG Batu Putih or in Portuguese "Aldeia Branca"..




It isn't on Pulau Batu Putih or Pedra Branca. This place is situated in Kuala Abang, between Rantau Abang and Dungun in Terengganu. Thank God for that.
I stopped at this shop selling rattan products as I drove along. Bought a tudung saji and a basket. Old lady manning the fort said they were made in Terengganu, while there were other stuff which weren't.

Got a call from my kid brother, asking when I'd get home. He did that twice in two days. Didn't realise why he was so worried until I got back and found his fishing rods on his desk, ready for action.
Anyway, told him the Sukma's over , so we can go catch those the water monsters anytime.


In Terengganu, it sure is over dudes.. Cause this fat lady's surely singing aloud!

She sells some nice kerepok keping, including the famed keropok sotong, plus some nice batik on the road out of Marang.

Adios Terengganu. Enjoy your holiday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoi brother, I am worried sick for the Mak Chik Gemuk. You didn't happen to do a sixty nine on her? Why the number 69 there?

Pedal Power.