Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Now, now, please take note. Seriously.

None of you may care, but what the heck... I have a few hobbies really close to my heart: I'm a bit of an audiophile, sports freak (read a lot, watch a lot, play sometimes), a bit of a dreamer, a reader (stuff other than sport) and when its that time of the year, I can get so crazy about fishing. Get so crazy sometimes, that I just want to be left alone to catch all those monsters. Friends have called me nuts; mummy and daddy always wondered why I spent so much time doing it, yet usually came back with little or nothing for dinner.
It is my getaway without going on expensive holidays; it is my short drive away to peace from this seriously screwed up world; it is my moment with destiny, when my dreams are fulfilled by God and his most fascinating, unpredictable, yet inspiring creations - fish.
Now, this piece that appeared in the Star Tribune of Minneapolis-St. Paul in the US, sure can give fellow anglers and myself loads of inspiration. Maybe we've been doing something right all along.
But of course, I have no dreams of becoming President of the US (or Prime Minister of Malaysia)!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cis! lu pun kaki pancing rupanya

Anonymous said...

Please practice catch and release