Wednesday, February 17, 2010

You make it real...


We're dreaming no more alright...



I couldn't believe my ears when I heard about them. Even thought of it as a joke, or destined to be one.
But the pictures say it all and the moment I saw it before my eyes at the Royal Horticultural Hall in London last Friday (Feb 10), this James Morrison song kept strumming in my head.

I began covering F1 at the tailend of Alex Yoong's shortlived career and had been longing for something to shout about ever since. Then this Lotus Racing bit came into the picture. I just said it's too good to be true.
But I'd be damned if I said there wasn't one bit of emotion flowing through me that Friday, especially since friend and long time subject of my writing Fairuz Fauzy was decked in the overalls that said he was part of this latest F1 team. Test driver or not, he's in at last. And this is no half-baked test deal like he had with Spyker in 2007, it is the real deal.


Yeah, it feels good alright. So, emotions done and over with, let's see them do it when the season starts. This is, after all, a beautiful song...

Keep it real, but please... Don't screw it up!

1 comment:

Himmat Singh said...

Yep....lotus sure has got a lot to prove. As you said, its almost a disbelieving feat, but they are there...and I hope for a long time that.