Saturday, February 4, 2012

Legends were never cast in carbon

When a buddy asked me to check out the Colnago Master a couple of days ago and tell him where he could get his hands on it in Malaysia, I told him try looking up some popular sites for second hand classics.
He told me no, he wanted the brand new 2012 Colnago Master. I thought it was discontinued in 2008 after a Proton Wira-like production lifespan and serving up countless smiles from avid cyclists worldwide for it's supreme all-around.. what shall I say... Perfection. Yes, that's the word.



Been thinking a lot about getting back to metal after my first full carbon purchase of a BMC SL01 slightly more than a year ago. First I thought about giving the likes of Lynskey or Van Nicholas a buzz in my itch to try out titanium which I never had the chance or resources to try before.
But this beauty now makes me wanna just wind back the clock and go for the smoothest, kindest, most elegant ride of all. Steel.

No comments: